I hope the songwriters concerned (or their estates) will take this collage poem as a compliment and tribute to their beautiful songs.
You are my sunshine
Bring me sunshine in your smile
Sunshine through my window, that’s what you are,
My shining star
Making me feel I’m on top of the world
You make me feel like a natural woman.
I’ve never knew love like this before.
I’ve known it from the minute that we met,
There’s nothing I wouldn’t do do make you feel my love.
Because all of me loves all of you,
Loves your curves and all your edges,
All your perfect imperfections.
Cards on the table, we’re both showing hearts.
Risking it all, though it’s hard.
But please, never take my sunshine away.
- Authorship of You Are My Sunshine is debated.
- Bring Me Sunshine: lyrics by Sylvia Dee
- Sunshine through my Window: lyrics by Gabrielle
- (You make me feel like) A Natural Woman: Carole King, Gerry Goffin
- Never Knew Love Like This Before: Stephanie Mills
- Make You Feel My Love: Bob Dylan
- All of Me: John Legend